Romeo Anti-Snoring Treatment
THE FAST, EFFECTIVE AND MINIMALLY INVASIVE SOLUTION AGAINST SNORING
- Snoring is the vibration of respiratory structures and the resulting sound due to obstructed air movement during breathing while sleeping. Research suggests that snoring is one of the factors of sleep deprivation.
- Snoring is the result of the relaxation of the uvula and soft palate. These tissues can relax enough to partially block the airway, resulting in irregular airflow and vibrations.
- Worldwide about 50% of population snore and 59% of people say their partner snores.
- Snoring results in interrupted sleep, which leads to the development of daytime sleepiness, irritability, poor concentration at work and during daily activities and even a low libido.
- Snoring IS NOT sleep apnea and vice versa! Still, many patients with heroic snoring have obstructive sleep apnea.
- If you think you have sleep apnea you should see your doctor before undergoing anti-snoring treatment.
- ROMEO® represents a fast, painless and effective treatment for patients who do not wish an invasive treatment or in cases where other treatment methods already failed.
- ROMEO® is the first fractional treatment to reduce snoring, and it requires no local anesthesia, and there is no post-procedure downtime.
- The goal of the Romeo® laser treatment is to strengthen the structure of the soft palate and uvula. During the treatment, a large amount of energy is applied at the same time. As a result, the soft palate becomes more stable during breathing, since a greater resistance to the passage of turbulent airflow throughout the night is provided.
- A reduction in snoring after the first session is common. After the snoring treatments are completed, 85 percent of patients report that their snoring has been helped. Results may vary and are not guaranteed.
- Romeo laser treatment does not guarantee a complete cessation of snoring, but a reduction of it. A common benefit of the treatment is better, peaceful and quality sleep, without waking up in the night. It also reduces other indirect consequences of snoring, such as headaches, poor concentration and irritability.