Sterispot Feminine Laser Treatment
The Effective, Health Canada Approved, Cutting-Edge, Hormone-Free Laser Treatment for Vulvovaginal Diseases.
The best minimally invasive alternative to hormonal therapy and surgery. The Sterispot is an Erb:YAG laser that combines cold ablation with thermal treatment. This maximizes the results reducing the treatment sessions to two for most women. It is quick and effective, taking no more than 20 minutes and requires no pre- or post-operative care or recovery time. Normal activities can be resumed immediately after the treatment. Most women report almost no discomfort and it is suitable for women of all ages. Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.
Hormonal treatment has been the gold standard for postmenopausal symptoms. Most of the urogenital diseases connected with menopause follow a reduction in the production of estrogen by the ovaries. This involves gradual thinning of vaginal and vulvar mucosa, which reduce in thickness and moistness becoming more fragile, irritable and sensitive to trauma.
- Vaginal Tightening: Vaginal laxity occurs when there is loss of the optimum structural architecture of the vagina. It is associated with vaginal births, weakness of connective tissue, heavy physical work and ageing. The pelvic floor slackens, leading to a bulge of the vaginal walls. This condition frequently leads to decreased feelings of friction and loss of sexual satisfaction by women.
- Vulvovaginal Atrophy: Vaginal atrophy is found in 10-40% of post-menopausal women. Women undergoing menopause often experience a number of symptoms including vaginal dryness, itching, painful intercourse, poor lubrication, decreased libido and poor vaginal muscle tone. This can also be a contributing factor in urinary incontinence and can lead to an overall lack of quality of life.
- Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause:
- is a complex of symptoms, which are essentially caused by post-menopausal hormone deficiency. In addition to the symptoms described in vulvovaginal atrophy above, women also experience urinary urgency, pain, incontinence and repeated urinary tract infections.
- Mild Stress Urinary Incontinence: Stress incontinence is the involuntary loss of urine during coughing, sneezing or physical exertion. The underlying cause is often decreased stability of the connective tissue and support for the urethra. It is common in women of all ages and 24-29% of women experience stress incontinence after the birth of their first child. Similarly, frequent high impact exercise can cause athletic incontinence to develop. Women with stress urinary incontinence have an altered connective tissue metabolism which causes insufficient support for the urogenital tract.
The goal of the Sterispot is to stimulate new collagen production as well as tighten existing collagen fibres. This leads to an improvement in the condition of the vaginal skin and in the tone of the pelvic muscles. The inner vagina regains elasticity and lubrication showing improved thickness and softness.
Results can be seen as early as 48-72 hours due to the early thermal effect causing swelling and collagen and elastin shrinkage. By 1 month the formation of new collagen fibres occurs which further tightens the vaginal and supporting tissues. Then the formation of new blood vessels occurs which improves blood circulation to the vagina causing improvement in lubrication and sensation. For these reasons, benefits are seen even after the treatment is finished, and many women report further improvements in the first months post-treatment.
A recent study conducted on the safety and efficacy of non-surgical vaginal laser tightening reported that 95% of women and 85% of their partners experienced moderate to strong improvement in vaginal tightness, and 95% of patients reported greater sexual satisfaction.
To find out if you are a candidate for Sterispot Feminine Laser Treatment book a free consultation here.